Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sounds of Broadway


What is the first thing many people think of when hearing New York? Cabs, accents, pizza, street vendors, and Broadway. New York is home of the stage acting capitol. When a person wants to make it big in stage performing they go to New York. Broadway is located between 57th Street and Seventh Avenue. Broadway is currently the home of many different shows that are amazing in their own ways. Critics are amazed at the newly opened show "Book of Mormon", written by the creators of South Park and the composer of the Broadway hit "Avenue Q." Soon to be in the movies, but still on the stage is the jukebox musical "Rock of Ages." Also there for only a short time now, is one of the best musicals, "Wicked." Another, featuring Nick Jonas as the lead male, is "How to Succeed in Business." When going to Broadway, some can experience the sights and sounds of New York.

3 comments:

  1. I love New York so much!! The Broadway there is so good!! I have seen Cats and the Lion King and Wicked and Mary Poppins. The performers there are so talented, it's no wonder that people that want to get into theatre go to New York, the city that never sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Information!! I love New York and Broadway is amazing!!! I went to New York last year, and got to see Mamma Mia, it was so good. Wicked was awesome too. I had to walk all the way from my hotel, which was about 3 miles away from Broadway, just to see Mamma Mia, because we couldn't call a cab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Cara Sullivan, Broadway is a very, very cool place to go to. I have been to New York a couple of times, and my mom forced me to go to a play, which in the end I liked a lot. It was very entertaining and I would love to go to another one.

    ReplyDelete